Teaching children with medical needs
HHE: a guide to international innovative practice
This book will help the HHE teachers to match the potentials of the tools, resources and practices available in the LeHo Toolkit with the key theories and related good practices. It will be a support for the following ordinary activities and aspects of the HHE teachers.
Recomendations to Policy Makers
Towards a EU Model
The LeHo European model is addressed to Policy Makers of every level, from school and hospital directors to regional and national all over Europe (and over). It includes:
- a wide overview on the complex and evolving world of HHE
- suggestions on how to disseminate the best practices in HHE.
- help to integrate in their policies and decisions the use of ICT to support the HHE.
The document summarizes three years of LeHo works in less than 10 pages.
Key Educational Factors
A review of the literature on key factors in education and in educational psychology was conducted and its Kkey Educational Ffactor (KEF) were outlined and organised into a limited number of categories. Subsequently, these factors were compared with existing literature on the education of children with a medical condition. The KEF were presented and discussed at the Hospital Organisation of Pedagogies in Europe conference in Bucarest in 2014.
The LeHo WEBINARS are meant to learn about innovative tools and relevant resources for home and hospital education practitioners, stakeholders and interested parties.
12 webinars (6 national and 6 international, held in English, German, Flemish, Italian and Spanish) took place between May – December 2016. The recordings are available on the list below and on the LeHo YT channel (updated regularely).
LeHo YouTube channel
Quality of student experience scale
The Quality of Student Experience Scale is based upon previous instruments and has three main dimensions:
1. Maintaining: refers to how the Home and Hospital Education (HHE) helps students maintain pre-illness skills/activities.
2. Improving: refers to how HHE helps students improve and grow in their learning, despite their medical conditions.
3. Overall: refers to the overall perception of the student of his/her school experience